New Contract Implementation Timeline:
Researchers (RX) and Technical Employees (TX) Unit

Ratification date: December 20, 2013
Expiration date: September 30, 2017

Here's the raise and pension contribution schedule (PDF).

(1) Wages:

  • A 4% wage increase is effective the first full pay period after ratification or December 22, 2013 for bi-weekly pay periods and January 1, 2014 for monthly pay periods. For bi-weekly pay periods, it shall be implemented no later than February 17, 2014 (March 2nd pay date). For those paid monthly, it shall be implemented no later than March 1, 2014 pay period. 

  • A lump sum based on the 4% wage increase will be paid for the difference from the first full pay period following ratification (December 22, 2013 for bi-weekly and January 1, 2014 for monthly pay periods) to the February 17, 2014 effective date. This lump sum shall be paid no later than 120 days from effective date (December 22, 2013 or January 1, 2014). The lump sum will come as a line item in your regular paycheck.

  • October, 2014 there will be a 3% wage increase effective the first full pay period in October (October 12th for bi-weekly pay periods and October 1st for monthly).

    4% Wage Increase
    Pay period Effective date Implementation date
    Bi-weekly 12/22/2013 no later than 2/17/2014 (March 2nd pay date)
    Monthly 1/1/2014 no later than 3/1/2014 pay period
    Lump sum
    Pay period Effective date Implementation date
    Bi-weekly 12/22/2013 120 days from effective date
    Monthly 1/1/2014 120 days from effective date
    3% wage increase in October, 2014
    Pay period Effective date  
    Bi-weekly 10/12/2014  
    Monthly 10/1/2014  
    3% wage increase in October, 2015
    3% wage increase in October, 2016

(2) Healthcare:

  • 2014 plans and rates shall go into effect the first full pay period following 2014. 

  • Those who paid 2013 co-pay rates for yourself or for the family members on your plan shall be reimbursed based on an average for all participants in the unit. It is still being determined what this average reimbursement rate shall be and when it will be implemented.

(3) Pension:

  • Those in the 1976 tier will increase their UCRP contributions to 8.6% (minus $19) on the first pay date in March for members paid bi-weekly (March 12) and April 1 for those paid monthly. An increased contribution of 0.4% for a total of 9% will take effect on July 1 and appear in the July 16 bi-weekly paycheck, August 1 for monthly paychecks.

  • Those hired on or rehired on or after July 1, 2013, shall make an additional 2% contribution to the UCRP on first full pay period that includes July 1, 2014 for a total contribution of 9%.

  • No further contributions increases are anticipated for the life of the contract.

  • A $100 lump sum shall be paid no later than 120 dates after ratification to all who are in the unit on ratification date; are UCRP eligible and are in the unit on the date of payout.

  • All employees hired, rehired or became UCRP eligible on or after July 1, 2013 shall have the same pension as the 1976 UCRP pension tier, with two exceptions: (1) they shall not
    Receive the UC paid survivor’s benefit or the inactive COLA; (2) they shall receive the same
    Age factor, retirement eligibility dates and lump sum cash out option as the 1976 tier.

  • All employees hired, rehired after a break in service or who become UCRP eligible on or after the December 20, 2013 ratification date, shall be placed on the 2013 Graduated Retiree Health Program.

** These wages do not apply to LBNL employees in the TX/RX units. 

_______________________________________________________________________________
upte